Love Child: The Emotional Title

Here we are again. October has returned. Yes that invigorating month with cool airs and changing leaves like one does a canvas with bright colored paint brushes. On my Christmas page we call it the BER months. The holidays. The changing weather. All those things. Sadly it has also become the anniversary of various deaths of loved ones I've lost over the years. My dad (October 4) my nephew(September 24) even my therapist Mike Rein (September 11) This year I discovered the death of a fellow writer and poet due to Covid 19 (She passed away during 2021) There was a suicide back in May last year of a close dear friend. The death in December of another dear friend this one of cancer. And this year as recent as August my sons uncle Robert Lewis passed away. Another friend Angie Falber (and oh did she love this time of year) Please bear with me. I am not trying to be depressing. Its the reality of aging. The reality of painful loss. It doesn't take away the beauty of this time. It blends for me now beauty and death. And when does death take a vacation anyway? It claims all year long. In the midst of this I have struggled to write at times. But I never stopped completely. I am writing some short stories. I sent my cat story to Kindle Vella. And I managed to do more editing with my first book Love Child. My first novel published in 2011. Twelve years ago this past April. That's an unbelievable amount of time for me. The novel has received a breath of fresh air after I submitted it for review to Onlinebookreview.org. It received four stars which I'm grateful for. Others responding agreed to a certain extent. Many felt the book was too emotional. The theme of having children hurt or violated is sensitive even in 2022. "Well, I like that he was positive despite all his family went through. I don't like extremely emotional book but I might check this one out. Nice review." This book’s content seems quite emotional I must say. I enjoyed the review though. Thank you. This is an inspiring and emotional story, despite all what they went through they did not choose the wrong path. Thanks for this wonderful review. I will add this to my TBR. I feel for Tommy, this book is truly emotional and I like the way he stood for his sister and stood by her acting as a father and a mother at the same time. Great review This is a highly emotional book. Human suffering and circumstances always speak to every one of us. It is also has great lessons to learn from. These were a few comments some readers have left after reading the review for Love Child. As an author it makes me emotional When I read these reviews. Some readers have addressed the abuse Tommy and Greta suffered and its been hard reading for some. It was never my intention to make any reader uncomfortable. I didn't write this book to get some kind of shock value. I didn't write it to get some cheap reaction. I wrote it to entertain as books are meant to do regardless of themes. Through fiction I wanted to bring attention to themes like depression, suicide, poverty, abandonment just to name a few. The novel began with these themes but would move to darker ones (depending on one's perspective) like violation, child abuse but the darkness of the novel doesn't erase the love story that develops throughout this nightmare. It shows strength to survive and love above everything else. Love and hate. I also want to point out or to remind anyone who already knew of the sequels I've continued to write after Love Child was published. Love Child has three series of books and these show how the protagonist Thomas Hulette (Tommy) manages to survive and how he fights back. Being strong doesn't mean not having his dark side and this has sunk him from time to time. Unpredictable events have continued to haunt Tommy and his loved ones but he never quits even if he has considered it. So while Love Child is emotional I hoped to also show survival and strength. I will share more of some reviews on my next blog. Do you like Autumn? Kindly let me know. One of the things, I have loved about New York is our changing seasons. I cant imagine not having this with no winters or cold. That's me anyway. Until we meet again...

Comments

Popular Posts