There hasn't been much to say or I should say there has been little time for me to say anything as we've experienced one of the strangest years 2020. With the Coronavirus pandemic that stranded many of us, jobs being lost, many people dying its been horrible. For many of  you dealing with this my thoughts are with you. I haven't been immune from this. I've had family who struggled with the virus and we lost a good friend who once interviewed me for his podcast a few years ago. My first novel Love Child had just been published and he was nice enough to interview me at the time. I was very saddened at his death. Saddened and very frustrated as well. Not only for the harm this virus has done but for the way it has crippled so many things. 

My son has just begun attending live classes again after months of staying home. He has blended learning from attending class one week and doing remote learning the next. Its been surreal to say the least. But I'm relieved he was able to get back to school. He needs to be in school and while I worry every day he goes, I know his teachers are doing everything they could to keep him safe while we do our part as well. When he has to stay home we keep him home. We've sent the supplies his teachers have needed, and we make sure he doesn't forget his mask. Each child has his or her own bin as sharing is no longer an option. Its a sad world we're living in now, but I am hoping we overcome this. My son is a special needs child who is nine years old and will turn ten on Thanksgiving this year. (November 26) He is in a class of six children. So maybe its not so bad for him right now, but I still worry.

In the meantime I have spent most of these months here at home. I have been carefully going through my Child Series again. Going through each manuscript even as I began to work on the last book of the series. For anyone who has followed the books I'm sure you remember the story of Tommy Hulette the abandoned boy who lost his mother by suicide. He was also abandoned by the man he believed was his father and sent to live with his half brother a monster who wanted Tommy out of the picture. In the middle of this was his sister Greta who he cared for long before he was sent to live with that hateful brother. Its a suspense story that has continued with its sequels Child No More, Child Scorned, and Child Game.

Now, I am writing the last book of the series. Well almost. I am also writing Demon Child the story of Tommy's brother Joe Sanchez. This story covers Joe's background. It covers his story as a child growing up with the abusive Wanda who was anything but the mother he needed. This story takes place before Love Child and it may explain a lot. This book along with the one I just mentioned will be the last books of the Child Series. As of now the last Child themed book will be named "A Tear for a Child or perhaps Tears for a child. That is the last story involving Tommy (should there be future Tommy stories they will no longer carry the Child moniker) I will have more of this next week. 

More than anything I hope to hear from you the readers. How have you handled the pandemic? Have you been home? Have you experienced loss? (I'm so sorry if you have) How do you feel about schools opening here in New York?

And have you read Love Child or any of its sequels? I have a website with more information on each book. 

Thank you for  your support. I hope to hear from you. I love hearing from you.

Comments

Popular Posts