Feeling all sorts of ways this winter. Christmas is over. New Year has come and gone. Hope you enjoyed your holidays. And a Happy New Year to you all. 2021 was a difficult year. I would even say surreal type of year as the pandemic continued. I got my vaccines but not the booster. I should have that soon. On a hot summer day I went to see the Van Gogh exhibit at Pier 36 which was a gift from my son. I almost regretted not waiting until Autumn to go because I'm just not a heat person. Despite this I enjoyed the show very much. 2021 was also the year where I discovered my love of painting again. Again, I can credit my son Jason for this. One random night he and his friends decided to paint and this led him to paint here at home for awhile. He invited me to join him one Saturday and I couldn't resist despite not having painted anything since I painted and sketched for a Beginner's art class around 2004. I wasn't sure what to paint that morning so I found myself painting one of my favorite themes a fireplace. I've been hooked here and there ever since.
This one was inspired by my love of winter of course. I love winter scenes. Loving Vincent Van Gogh's art inpired me to paint this one.
I am still learning, still practicing. But these sure helped me relax as I painted them. I felt well...like my poetry, I could say I escaped somwhere. Painting like writing definitely helps me escape so many things I feel inside. 2021 also found me reading the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series by George RR Martin. I read all the books and like many, I am eagerly waiting for his next expected novel "The Winds of Winter." I must say that I've had to take solace in the length of years its taken him to write this book. Oh don't get me wrong, I can't wait to read it. But as an author who has struggled to keep my focus on the two books of my own series, I can certainly relate to Mr. Martin's delay or whatever one can call it. He has to juggle tons of characters and stories to finish the story he's trying to tell. This can certainly take time. One can't rush this no matter how long it drags out. So I understand but there is a difference here. He is an established published writer with very successful books to his name. He is famous and wealthy with millions of fans waiting for his next books. As well as his next move. Its not just his writing or how much time he has to devote to it, he's a busy man with many projects. Its a far cry from my novels which I'm still trying to share with the public. I have already published almost all the books of my own "Child Series" Love Child, Child No More, Child Scorned and Child Game. I began to write the last two I want to release with this series, but I haven't finished. I am determined to finish it, just as I'm determined to reach an audience. Hoping more than anything. I'll share more of what my novels entail, what inspried them and what kind of my people my characters are. In the same sense, I hope to reach more of you as I hope to meet more of you. 2021 is over and I'm ready to write again. Demon Child is one of the books I'm working on. Then there is the end of the book to the Child Series before Demon Child. I just have to finalize a name for the novel. I have a poetry book, I'm trying to finish. I have a two part story for my black cat story. These are my projects I've left unfinished after these past few difficult years. Two of my closest friends passed away in 2021. One of them just very recently so close to Christmas. I also had a little battle with Bells Palsy at the beginning of this year. I am happily recovering from that, but must see the neurologist next week. And I've been slowly feeling that urge to write again. I haven't stopped painting either. I will keep you posted. I hope to hear from you. Much love to everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts