Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The start of the Christmas season. Actually for me that began after Thanksgiving and maybe even before. Traditionally it begins the day after Thanksgiving. That is when I decorate my tree. I've been tempted to decorate it sooner for this author loves Christmas not only at this time of year, but all year long. I don't mean I leave my tree decorated all year. It just means, I listen to Christmas music when I want to. I admin my own Christmas page on Facebook. Things like that. I don't shy away from the season during the year since there's no reason to shut off the Christmas message (or Holiday message whatever that means to you) during the year. The message of love. Goodwill towards men. We can feel the Christmas spirit at any time of the year. No shame in that.

Unfortunately we are still dealing with the pandemic. At this rate we may not be able to gather too much either. For the last few years I've visited my Mom on Christmas Eve so the thought of not doing it this year saddens me. Its hard to fathom not only this, but the pandemic as a whole. The people refusing to wear masks, those opposing it and refusing to believe that Covid 19 is real. I guess that could be a whole different column, but its frustrating considering how long we've been dealing with this thing. At least I put up my tree already. I'm proud of it this year, more than before but maybe because I decorated it myself. I managed to even put up the lights when I usually needed help with that. Its a source of pride good pride. Aside from the writing I needed something to do. Something good. So the tree is up. More decorations. I didn't know that my wreath from last year had lights. Its surreal to think back to when I seemed so busy compared to this time.




Your author is also an avid reader when she gets the chance to read. I am currently reading "The Reporter who knew too much." By Mark Shaw. The pandemic has given me more time not only to write, but to read as well.  This book covers the life of legendary reporter Dorothy Kilgallen. I have always admired her accomplishments (she managed multiple careers) just like I've wondered about her death as it came in the midst of her investigation of President Kennedy's assassination. Her death came suddenly, and its considered another mystery like those of Kennedy himself. You're probably asking what could I read in these books that I haven't read already. I guess that would be true, but every now and then a new report is released or a new author claims to have something and then...well okay. It can get frustrating. No one ever has that smoking gun kind of proof to blow open the lid of these conspiracy theories. Despite that its fascinating reading at least for me. I'll have more on it later.


I wrote a few poems for my PDF copy of Holiday Themed Poems. I wrote a few poems
for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. This poem is a Halloween themed and based on
a black cat who are often picked on because of the silly superstition of them being bad luck
and so forth. The poem below it is a Christmas themed one. Well after the Autumn theme 
which takes place around Thanksgiving.
Please forgive the small typo on the Christmas poem. Thank you for reading. Hope to see you
soon to discuss more Christmas decorating, my books and more ideas.







Comments

Popular Posts