.                                                                                                                                                                       

Merry Christmas! or Happy Holidays! if you prefer that.

Okay a few days belated. I am ready for this year to end even if 2021 doesn't promise to be much better. Or 2022 for that matter. Every year brings its share of pain and trouble but 2020 has been harder than most. The rising deaths attributed to Covid 19. The shutdowns, the loss of jobs. The closing of businesses. All the heartache we can't seem to escape. Years of them so 2020 has only escalated the pain.

Covid claimed a good man who interviewed me on his podcast station A Taste of Hip Hop Cooking a number of years ago. Kevin Crawford made that session fun, and I plan to share the link here once I find it (yes I had a link but it wouldn't come on for some reason) But while the interview was fun it was nerve wracking. I had already been interviewed by Ms. Jovial (Dionne Lewis) on her podcast a few weeks before that, but she had prepared me by sending me the questions she planned to ask me ahead of time. That didn't happen with Kevin. He didn't prepare me with questions so I had to wing it which I managed to do well somewhat. I sounded nervous. I know that, but I will forever be grateful for the opportunity to be interviewed. For that opportunity to promote Love Child my first book of my Child Series.

It wasn't just the interview. Kevin was a good man with a wonderful sense of humor. His Facebook posts were always entertaining, and he has been so missed. I never thought he would succumb when I heard the first reports of him catching the Coronavirus. I can recall days of prayers requests as he fought to hang on. And I thought he would. It just didn't seem possible he wouldn't. He was that energetic and his zest for life was contagious. So when the word came that he passed on it was unbelievable to so many. It still is. Rest in Peace Kevin (pictured below) and to everyone who has lost their life to this virus.




This loss was only one of many good people due to this virus. I can't understand why its become so political where people wont cooperate with mandates meant to slow the spread. Like wearing masks. Like social distancing. Its mind boggling.

I suppose opening this blog with Christmas greetings may feel strange especially with the year we've had. But I had a decent Christmas despite everything. It was quiet. I was sad that I couldn't see my Mother on Christmas Eve like I've done for the past few years. Actually, I chose not to see her as I would hate to put her at risk from Covid. She just turned seventy five and I would have to travel far from Staten Island to visit her in Brooklyn. I just couldn't take that risk. It was the same on Thanksgiving. She understood but she has been praying hard for this virus to let up. She needs to see us as much as we need to see her, and sometimes online visits are just not enough.

So yes I do understand the frustration many are feeling with these restrictions. We're all feeling these frustrations. The loss of jobs for example. We're all in this together at least we should be. As an author I have continued feeling the frustration of writing during the pandemic even if that's one of the only escapes allowed me during this time. I have been editing some of my early books which I admit needed the work. I believe I expressed more frustrations in my last blog over my lack of promotion. Of being too shy or not knowing where to start where book promotion is concerned. This pandemic has made it worse since its all people talk about. Its been the same complicated tale.

And yet people are reading more than ever. With many people forced to stay home they have time to read now. I have books to help with that. Love Child is getting its old cover back only with a different color. For those of you who read the books knows that Tommy Hulette's story begins here. I will have more on this edition in the coming weeks.



Now I would like to take a moment to thank anyone who has reviewed this book along with any of the series. As of this writing I have fifteen reviews for Love Child on Amazon. Like any author I would like to get more. Reviews help. If you have read Love Child or any of my books, I hope you get around to leaving an honest review. Its all an author can ask for.



Its been a long week. Trump has finally signed the Covid relief bill. Can't say much about that yet.

I got some nice gifts for Christmas. New slippers and a lovely wolf top from my son. The Sanford and Son complete series on DVD. 

I put up the tree myself. I decorated it loving how it came out. I will miss it when has to come down. 

As a wrestling fan, I've been stunned by the sudden death of Jon Huber aka Brodie Lee. The former Luke Harper on WWE. That just came out of nowhere. Its so sad. My condolences to his wife and sons. I was looking forward to watching him return to AEW. 

I wish Empire was still on TV.  

I have read most of George R.R Martin's series "A Song of Ice and Fire" and have loved it. I watched the series on TV and good as that was the books have so much more to enjoy. I am ready to read "A Dance with Dragons. I can't recommend the pleasures of reading enough. 

I am also writing Child Storm and Demon Child. They will become the last two books of my Child series. I will explain this more in my next blog. 

Please stay safe out there. Not only from Covid, but from the violent world we live in. 


Writer in me

powers that be,

hear the winds roar

world writhing seethe.

Virus exhaust

twenty less some

eggnog brings hope

welcome twenty 21.

A.M Torres...





                                                          

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Comments

Popular Posts