Skip to main content

One of the few questions I have been asked as I continue to write my child series (I have published Love Child and its sequel Child No More, but I am currently working on book 3 Child Scorned)  is how many books will I put out on Tommy Hulette. Someone even suggested that too many books in a series can get boring and can cause fans to lose interest.

There is some truth to this. Whether it's books or movies there is such thing as too much of a good thing. Lethal Weapon, and Scream are two examples of this. In my opinion Scream never needed a sequel and Lethal Weapon could have ended after the second one.  I can name many examples, but the point I'm trying to make is that some stories end in a way where no sequel is needed. The writer should be able to see this, but it doesn't always happen that way. Sometimes the writer may see and feel something different and will persist in carrying the story further not realizing that they can ruin the integrity of the first story when they do this.

Speaking for myself however, I knew from the very beginning that my first book Love Child would need a sequel. Tommy's story is a complicated one and one book was not going to tell his entire story. I wrote the book in the suspense genre and some of my readers have loved it and called it a page turner. Same thing with the sequel Child No More. I enjoyed writing these books and I can't wait for the release of Child Scorned.

I cannot predict when this series will end. Right now it may end with this third book. Or it may not. If there is nothing to add then naturally the story can end at least this current one. It doesn't mean that Tommy Hulette cannot appear again. He may not appear for a long time or he may come around sooner. There is no way I can fully predict anything right now.

I won't write anything for the hell of it. I will allow the character to lead me, like I've done from the very first book. There are times when you have to know when to leave well enough alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello readers, fans, friends, family:

I recently submitted an interview with Creative Talents Unleashed. They are the ones who published my last poetry book titled: Turmoil.

Turmoil is my second book of poetry. The book has different poems that reflect on difficult times in my life. I do hope the poems can help anyone experiencing anything similar, and can find hope, and inspiration. As part of my preface I wrote "Here's hoping to connect." I always want to connect with my readers, and hope to again.

I have shared the link to my interview, but I have also pasted it here. Thank you all for your continued support.

Here's the link https://creativetalentsunleashed.com/2017/06/17/author-interview-with-a-m-torres/

At the bottom of the interview you will find the excerpt of "The Walls" one of the poems in Turmoil. Click on the link to read the poem :) Thank  you.

Interview – Book: TurmoilCreative Talents Unleashed: Hi Ana, thank you for agreeing to this interview.

Turmoil - A.M. Torres second book of Poetry.

I began my last blog with a Happy New Year. That was back in January 2017. We are now in May of 2017, and I do hope that you did have a Happy New Year even as I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas during 2016. I've been meaning to blog a lot more than I have. I apologize that it's taken me this long to blog again. 2016 was a rough year for me. If you remember the post about my therapist and his sudden death which took place last September. Then came the death of my father on October 4 barely two weeks later maybe three. It was rough. Its still rough. I mentioned my father's Alzheimers, and the struggle my family endured with his condition. This has been a tough adjustment period, and we miss him every day. Today marks seven months he passed away.

This is the main reason why I've fallen behind on so much blogging. However, I am happy to report that my second book Turmoil is finally ready, and was published back on March 18. The book took a long time in the making, bu…

Therapy Heartbreak

Last September twelve, I woke up feeling tired like I always did from going to bed at four a.m. I have called myself a hopeless insomniac for some time now, so it's gotten to the point I don't even try to go to sleep early anymore. But I must digress from my sleeping problem for now. On this Monday I got up and dressed quickly for I was due for my therapy session at nine a.m with Dr. Michael Hy Rein at Bailey Seaton Hospital. I'd been seeing Dr. Rein who I called Mike by this point, for four years, this year becoming the fourth year.

I was tired, but I was ready as I was most Mondays when I went to see Mike. We didn't have a session the previous Monday since it was Labor Day, and the clinic was closed. I didn't see him for the rest of that week because he was on vacation.

"We're closed next Monday," he had told me. "But I'll be off for the rest of that week too."
"You'll be on vacation?" I asked.
"Yes," he confir…