Happy Spring readers. Guess enough time has passed since my last blog for me to hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.

Okay, so again I allowed too much time to pass between blogs. Sometimes it's a confidence issue. Other times it's just wondering how to express myself. Even so, I am happy to always reach out.

It's been a long winter but I love winter. We're having a cold day today with lots of winds. Such days inspire more writing from me. Especially now at dusk with the twilight of the evening. Its my favorite time of the day. The view is always breathtaking to me. It's comforting and melancholy at the same time. Its hard to describe it on some levels. You have to feel it to understand.

So what have I been doing since November? I've been writing even while trying to promote my last book. My Child Series's last release "Child Game" was released last year. I've been working on the first book Love Child in the hopes I could submit it to a publisher. Love Child, Child No More, Child Scorned, and Child Game are my books all available on Amazon.  I was working on the latest edition but I haven't named it yet. Just a lot of writing.

The holidays weren't bad. I finally began to go to the library again. This has been fun not only because I get to read again. I also get a chance to look back to my teen years. Long before computers and cell phones became the norm, the library was my way of unwinding and having fun. Books were my escape even if I didn't finish reading many of the books I took out. It's strange to remember a time when people weren't looking at their cellphones constantly (I'm guilty of that too of course) but I remember it well. I had books. Walkmans. Payphones.

Love Child begins during this time. Actually even before that since the story begins in 1974. It wasn't hard to write from Tommy Hulette's point of view in this regard since I lived during that period (well more during the 80's when I was a teen) but its been a long time even if it doesn't feel that way.

Old fashioned letter writing becomes a major theme in the book. I'll have more on that very soon.

Comments

Popular Posts